Monday, October 20, 2014

Mr. Allen

Magic in the Moonlight

My body acclimates itself when I send out a signal that I'm going to watch a movie made by Mr Woody Allen. 
My body turns numb, in a weird, peaceful way. I always hope for the best. That he doesn't prove me wrong. That everything I deep down wish for... he shows me. 90% of the time I get even more than I wished for. 
The witty, intelligent dialogues are taking me on a trip to sadly comfortable and home-like place. The quick come-backs, realistic yet romantic vibes are my favourite ones. How the light falls on their faces and how they seem to not notice that. The soundtrack usually consists of songs that I would like to have as my background music... as I wander around on the strange, new, yet cosy towns. Magic in the Moonlight has colours that make it even more magical. 


The choice of actors and actresses impress me. Have to admit, I am a big fan of Emma Stone. And Colin Firth is on the top of my list as well. So as I saw it - a great (yet strange, if you focus on the generation gap) combo, odd chemistry, somehow suitable appearance, simple and magical character building. 

The playfulness the movie brings to my heart... is worth keeping. 

I know a lot of people who might not agree with me. They seriously don't like Woody's work. 
And that's alright. In a strange way it makes me like it even more. Just to show them... that it can be loved. It can be good. And it is good. 


Simple. Effective. 

No comments: